Downtown Scholars Initiative
The Downtown Scholars Initiative is a two-part program geared towards Jones High School students. The Pre-College Program provides students interested in attending UCF with support services to assist in application processes and connections to the campus community. The Summer Bridge Program provides accepted UCF students with a downtown residential experience, free tuition and books, peer mentoring, and service learning opportunities during their first summer term entering freshman year.
The next application cycle for the Downtown Scholars Initiative will begin in 2023.
- Completed application
- Submission of unofficial high school transcript
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
*Acceptance into the Pre-College Program does not guarantee acceptance into the University of Central Florida*
Attend 4 pre-college workshops
Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Submit an application to UCF before March 1
Open communication and timely responses
- Receive 1 on 1 help applying to UCF
- Receive information on financial aid options
- Participate in campus activities
- Free Tuition/Summer Housing Experience (limited access)
- Peer Mentoring Experience with a UCF student
Check back in Spring 2023 for the 2023-2024 DSI Application!